March 18, 2006

Hello?

We didn't go birding today- I slept for most of the afternoon. I guess it must be work catching up with me. Interestingly however, I invented an entire mythology whilst asleep. Not sure if you can invent mythologies but I did.

It was about a village called Puddlewick St.Christopher where there was a pub called The Lion and Lamb. They served real ale and home-cooked fayre that was served to you by giant squirrels, one of which was called Benjamin; he wore a bowler hat, smoked a pipe and had a slight limp, in his left leg if I remember correctly. The limp was a legacy of the Great Squirrel War of 1967, when villagers rioted over the uneven distribution of acorns. Despite this brutal history, Puddlewick St.Christopher seems such a peaceful village.

If you are thinking how strange a place my head is, consider me, I have to live there.

Toodle-pip.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Nurse, the screens...

Harry said...

Hi Darren,
Nicely surreal....
Harry